Every employee deserves to be adequately compensated for the work they do. Workers’ hourly rates are best facilitated with a properly working payroll system, which tracks each personnel’s work hours, reimbursable expenses, and time offs, to name a few. Such a system does not need to be complex, but with all things to consider regarding employee wages, simplicity is not always the case.
Why Simplify Your Payroll System?
As the saying goes, “less is more.” Payroll does not have to be a complicated affair, especially for Australian security firms. If your HR department has to work its way through a complex payroll web, though, you might want to consider simplifying your system. A simpler payroll system can save you a lot of time, work, and — most especially — money, all while minimising errors and delays. In other words, a simplified payroll system is efficient and accurately calculates hourly rates based on the employee timesheet to ensure happy employees.
How Can You Simplify Your Payroll System?
Simplifying any existing system can be a lot of work, but this should be very rewarding when done right. This is all true in the case of payroll, and here are five ways that can help you recalibrate your system into a more streamlined format.
- Have your employees log their work hours using either a mobile app or kiosk.. Although employees can still commit errors and the data still needs to be double-checked, doing so is far more accurate and convenient than having one person do all the work. Using cloud-based digital time cards will surely help, especially since most security company employees are on the go and may find it convenient to log their hours in a mobile-app.
- Consolidate your processes. Using different systems for different processes in your workflow is bound to complicate payroll. Such a system is also prone to error, so it should be useful for you to integrate all your processes into a single centralised system. Do likewise with your data and records to minimise the necessary data management work and streamline reporting.
- Digitise your workflow and records. Keeping records on paper is all good, but running through printed or written documents to get the necessary payroll data is bound to slow your process down. Start by using online forms for leave requests, taking advantage of direct bank deposits to pay wages, and filing your taxes electronically. Going digital is faster and definitely more efficient than collecting mail, printing cheques, and having your employees talk to their HR manager in person to get things done.
- Pay everyone on the same dates. This is a great practice that ensures you will not miss a payday. Furthermore, you will not incur payment delays and errors when you are not dealing with different pay schedules.
- Use reliable workforce management software. You should especially take advantage of software that automates employee wages and tracks payments and relevant expenses and deductions. Cerely is your best bet in this regard. It quickly converts time sheets into payroll data, taking into account important parameters such as pay rates and adjustments required for legal compliance.
A simple payroll system is an efficient system. There’s definitely no reason to make it a complex mess when you can consolidate everything into a simplified and convenient workflow.
If you would like to learn more about how Cerely can simplify your payroll, please get in touch with us today